I want to dedicate this post to all of you who believe in a little thing called love. When you love somebody, you should love them unconditionally, right? That means you love them no matter how they look. Am I correct? Well, yes I am correct in that BUT it is also important to still impress the one you love too! Especially if you are a mom. Chances are, you don’t dress up for your man much if you have kids going to basketball practice and getting potty trained. That is why dressing up for date night is so important to help keep the fantasy and romance alive! Can I get an amen?!
I have come up with five tips to help you create your perfect date night look. Because let’s face it, we all have different styles and you might not want to create a look just like mine. That is the great thing about fashion! It can be customized to your style.
1. Show Off Your Best Feature- Yes, that arrow is pointing to my bum! I chose to show off my backside a little more in this outfit for a few reasons. The first being the fact that I know that my husband loves when I do wear clothing that shows it off a little more. Since I am dressing up for date night with him, I am going to show that off a little more. Another reason I chose that area is because I know that this skirt does wonders for it! My advice to you, is to choose one feature that you know your significant other loves and show it off a little bit. This doesn’t mean you have to wear a low cut top that will make jaws drop! Think of an area you want to show off, then think of what you can wear to show it off while still keeping the look classy. Something else to keep in mind is to only choose one area to feature. You don’t want your outfit to be confusing to anyone.
2. Be Yourself- If you know me at all, you know I have an unhealthy addiction to geometric prints. I love them. My favorite geometric print is houndstooth. By bringing the houndstooth print into my outfit, I automatically feel like myself. Bring at least one element into your outfit that makes you feel like yourself. You are the person that man fell in love with in the first place. Embrace who you are! You could choose your favorite color, wear your favorite lipstick, or keep your hair pulled back out of your face. Whatever it is that is going to make you feel like yourself!
3. Dress Up- We seem to live in a confusing time. I feel like I can go to Target and see people dressed in their sweats and other people dressed like they are about to go to New York Fashion Week. Dressing down seems to be more and more popular, while at the same time I feel like dressing up is becoming a major trend too. No matter how you dress normally, when it comes to date night, it shouldn’t look like the scene does at Target. It should be all the same. Dressed up! This doesn’t mean you have to wear nylons and your 6 inch heels. Think of where you are going for date night and plan accordingly. If you are going to a movie, maybe try wearing a nice pair of jeans with some adorable heels. Any situation can be dressed up a little bit. It is important for your man to feel like you are making a little extra effort for him. He’ll feel like a million dollars, and so will you!
4. Add an Element of Surprise- I always love adding a little surprise element when it comes to styling outfits. I think it keeps outfits interesting and makes it easy to switch up so you feel like you are wearing something different every time you wear an outfit. For this outfit, I chose the black tights with gold polka dots as my element of surprise. Those tights wouldn’t necessarily be a surprise element in every outfit, but because I already have a print in this outfit, these tights serve as my element of surprise. If you are nervous about mixing prints or colors, try wearing jewelry that doesn’t match perfectly with each other or with the outfit. I know that sounds strange, but I promise it works! I always just think of it as mixing hard with soft. If you are wearing a frilly shirt, maybe try wearing a more modern, edgy bracelet. If you are wearing a rhinestone necklace, try wearing some small bright colored earrings. The element of surprise doesn’t have to be big, but it does wonders to keep your outfit interesting.
5. Complete the Look From Head to Toe- It would be such a shame to style a perfect outfit for a date night only to just go on your date without completing the look. Complete your date night look by doing your hair and makeup, wearing jewelry, and spritzing yourself with a little perfume. It is all in the little details. While doing your hair and makeup, focus on staying true to yourself while vamping up your look a little bit. Try wearing a darker eye shadow or lipstick. Your significant other may not be able to put his finger down on what exactly it is that is different about you, but you will know deep down that it is all of those little details that makes the difference!
You can do this! Go enjoy your dates and don’t forget to dress to impress that man of yours!
How did your date go? What did you wear? Share it with us!