I felt the magic of swiss herbs in Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs
I hate to say it, but cold and flu season is already starting. As much as I love the change of seasons, this is a major negative part about the weather cooling down a bit. It felt like we were sick all winter last year and I want to be better prepared for this cold and flu season this year. After dealing with so many sick, germ filled days last year, I feel like I have become a bit of an expert in the subject. I now know exactly what types of things I need to keep around my house to try to avoid the illness or treat the person who is sick. I have a few must have items that you definitely want to know about!
- Hand soap and hand sanitizer- Getting those germs off of your hands is key to keeping the germs away from the rest of your body, leading to sickness. I like to stock up on soap this time of year!
- Heat pad- If you happen to get sick, there are a few things that can really help you feel better. One thing for me is to have a heat pad that I can put on my sore muscles. Sickness seams to settle in my muscles and having a good heat pad really seems to help. I found a great heat pad that is infused with lavender oil that is really soothing as well.
- Tissues- We have tissue boxes everywhere in our house. It seems like we are constantly either battling sicknesses or allergies around here. These Frozen themed ones seemed perfect to have for my daughter. I keep a package of them in my purse as well. The main thing to remember with tissues is to dispose of them as soon as you are done using them. If they aren’t thrown away, they are just sitting around your house with germs all over in them. Gross!
- Lip balm- When I get sick, my body seems to completely dry out. My skin feels tight and my lips feel dry. I like to find a great lip balm to keep my lips nice and moisturized while I am sick.
- Water bottle- I just mentioned how dry my body gets while I am sick. Having a quality water bottle that can keep my water cold all day long is an essential item for me everyday! Not only can water help you when you are sick, but it can also help prevent the sickness all together. Water flushes out those toxins from your body.
- Ricola® Dual Action Honey Lemon Drops– These drops are soothing and naturally effective for cough and sore throats. They are absolutely a must have item for me. The new Honey Lemon flavor feels so good on a sore throat!
I keep these drops in my purse with me at all times. You just never know when you are going to start feeling a little cough or sore throat coming on. I have also given these to complete strangers who have sudden coughing fits and I can tell that they could really use a Ricola drop in their life!
What are your must have products for cold and flu season?