I have naturally curly hair, but wear it straightened out most of the time. When I straighten my hair out, I am basically committing that I am not going to wash my hair for a few days because straightening my entire head everyday is so bad on my hair. It is good for me to have a few hairstyles that I know would look good on my 2nd or 3rd day after straightening my hair, without getting out the curling wand or flat iron again. I love the look of fishtail braids, but don’t necessarily love the look on me when all of my hair is pulled back into one. I decided to have the best of both worlds by keeping my hair down and doing a fishtail braid as well! It takes about five minutes and adds some sass to a boring hair day.
This can be done in just a few steps! You will be out on your way in no time!
1. Start with your hair down. In my case, I had second day hair and just had to touch up my bangs a little bit with a flat iron, but of course everyone’s hair is going to be a little different to start with.
2. Put a squirt of Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil in your hand.
3. Grab a small section from the top of your head (about 2 inches wide and 3 inches long) and run the product through that section.
4. Separate that section into two sections.
5. Do a fishtail braid by slipping your index finger through the outside of one of the sections, separating a very small section of hair from that main section and push that smaller section over to the other main section of hair. Repeat on the other side and go back and forth until you have braided the entire strand of hair.
6. (optional) Tug on the sections of the hair to pancake the braid out, making it appear thicker.
7. Pull the braid back and pin it into place.
8. Hairspray everything into place with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Hairspray.
9. Spray Suave Professionals Natural Infusion Light Oil Spray all over your hair to make it super shiny and smell delicious!
Now you are ready to go out and look totally unstoppable!
I know there are a lot of women out there in the world who feel like they don’t have the time to do their hair, but styles like this make it easy to make sure that you can leave the house feeling fabulous. It doesn’t have to take a long time to look like you took a long time on your hair. I feel like it is important for me to spend a little time on how I look each day. When I feel like I look great, I find myself being a little more outgoing and maybe even a little nicer! Now, just because this was a second day look for me doesn’t mean that I hadn’t started off my hair with a good foundation the day before.
When I have clients come to the salon and they start complaining about their hair, the first question I ask is what products they are using on their hair. Usually they will only tell me what styling products they use, forgetting the shampoo and conditioner completely. I teach all of my clients that good hair starts in the shower! It all starts with the shampoo and conditioner that you are using. For me, the Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner work wonders! It feels a lot like the more expensive salon shampoo and conditioner that I was using before, but even with my salon discount, this is much more affordable and I like it more than the salon stuff! After the shower, I like to put in a mousse. This Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse is great and it smells fantastic!
What is your go to hairstyle for your second day hair?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.