Once you get the basic braiding down, it is time to graduate to more unique braiding techniques. Two of my favorite braids to do are fishtail braids and rope braids. They add a different look to hairstyles, without being overly complicated. I love that they can both translate into several hairstyles as well! Today, you are going to learn how to do a fishtail braid, a rope braid, and a French rope braid.
A few different ways you can style your hair with fishtail braids:
- Braid the front sections of your hair on both sides of your part and pull them back, meeting in the middle of the back of your head.
- Braid the top section of your hair pull it back into a ponytail.
- Braid the two front sections of hair and pull them into pigtails.
- Pull your hair into a ponytail and fishtail braid the ponytail.
- Put your hair in pigtails and fishtail braid the pigtails.
- Put your hair in a high ponytail and fishtail the ponytail. Wrap the fishtail around the base and turn it into a bun.
Ways to style your hair with rope braids:
- Rope braid both front sections of your hair and pull them back, meeting in the middle of the back of your head.
- Rope braid one front section of your hair and secure it back with a clip.
- Rope braid or French rope braid back into a side ponytail or back ponytail.
- Put your hair in a ponytail and do several small rope braids with the ponytail.
- Rope braid the front sections of your hair and pull them into pigtails.
- French rope braid on both sides of your head, meeting in the back or the side with a bun.
- Do pigtails and rope braid the pigtails.