WIWW and How to make a simple infinity scarf

I saw this fabric and I KNEW I had to do something with it. It was the perfect, colorful tribal print. I knew it was perfect for a scarf (or two!)and the best part is, it was in the selvage section!
#project #scarf #diy #tutorial
You should all be shocked. I whipped out the sewing machine. This ISN’T a no sew tutorial! Don’t worry though. There are only two seams involved. To make an infinity scarf of your own, you need…

#tutorial #howto #diy #accessory
* One yard of fabric
* sewing machine
* scissors
* rotary cutter and mat (optional)
* ruler
#tutorial #diy #howto
First, you want to cut your fabric in half lengthwise so that each of your strips are each a yard long. This will give you your two scarves.
#infinity #accessory #tutorial #diy
With right sides together, fold the fabric in half lengthwise. Pin the edges together.
#tutorial #diy #sew
Sew the edges together.
#tutorial #diy #sew
Flip your tube right side out.
This is where it can get a tiny bit tricky. Fold your tube in half so your edges are by each other. Pin the right sides of the edges together. You won’t be able to pin the entire edge together because it goes around in a circle and you want to be able to get your sewing machine in there. Pin about 75% of it together.
#tutorial #diy #scarf #eternity
Sew along where you pinned the edges together. You will have one little hole left.
Flip the edges of your fabric right sides out and sew up the little hole on the edge.
Now you are done! SO easy, right?! I plan on busting a few more of these out when I find more fabric I can’t live without. If you love this print as much as I do, I am actually selling the second scarf on my Etsy shop here.
So now for what I wore…
Scarf: handmade Shirt: Forever 21 (old) Jeans: The Jean Girl Boots: Forever Young Bracelets: Sassy Steals
I am linking to these great link parties here.

Pin It

Comments

1. I love the scarf! It looks awesome with the top too!!!

2. Love it..especially with the shirt! So cute!
    Ashley:)

3. Kimbo West says:

love it! that fabric is to die for!

4. So cute! I need to toss all of my winter scarves and make this!

5. I really love your scarf! I think it may be time for me to invest in a sewing machine and learn how to sew. I have been holding off but I am finding more DIY projects that I really like but requires a simple stitch.

6. I love that pattern. And that you mixed it with another pattern in your outfit! Definitely so cute.

7. Becca @ Love Our Disney says:

Adorable!

8. I love that pattern with your stripe shirt. Also, I love your hair :)
    Megan

You can see what I wore here: http://taylormegancrafts.blogspot.com/2013/03/what-i-wore-navy-red.html

9. Cute! I love the fabric you chose.

10. Love this scarf! Your whole outfit is so cute!

11. Great tutorial, great scarf!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

12. Oh my! You are so cute in anything. I always get nervous about mixing patterns, but this looks great! :)

13. Been Here, Pinned it! It’s adorable.

14. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says:

Super cute! Is it a pretty “flowy” fabric or is it like stiffer quilting fabric?

15. LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality last week. I can’t wait to see what you link up tomorrow evening!

16. Very pretty. What types of fabric do you recommend?

17. Insanely easy…had just the material to make several and did it quickly…grand daughters love them.

18. If you maker it 60 inches long you will have a nice cowl.

19. Suzanne Gay says:

I’ve been buying shear or silky fabric skirts at the thrift store and re-purposing them into infinity scarves…you can usually pick them up for under a dollar!

20. Call you tell me the name of the material you used? I really like it and would like to make a scarf using the same fabric. I will match so many things.

21. Yes, this is easy and you can use lots of different fabrics :) for many looks and seasons also. Only one correction though the first step should say cut widthwise not lengthwise.

22. Christine G says:

Love the pattern. Can you share the width of the fabric as well as the type.

23. Christine G says:

Love the scarf. Can you share the fabric used and width used.

Christine

24. Fran Sancroft says:

I am wondering how wide is the fabric you used… 44″ is not enough for a 2x around cowl… 60″ works much better!