The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Organization Board Tutorial!

I was sick and tired of having lists everywhere. A to do list, grocery list, menu list, and schedule. It was time to put all of my junk in one place! After much research and deep thought, I finally came up with my perfect organization board. It is a command center for my family so we can all keep our lives straight!
Organization Board
A clip for receipts. A whiteboard calendar.
organizationboard14organizationboard15
A pen/marker holder. Whiteboard To Do list.
organizationboard16organizationboard17
A whiteboard menu. A whiteboard cleaning list.
organizationboard18organizationboard19
Clip for the ongoing grocery list.
organizationboard20
Now for you to make one of your very own! Here is what you will need…
19×31 inch piece of plywood
2 5×7 frames (found at the dollar store)
2 8 1/2×11 document frames (found at the dollar store)
2 clips
paint
metal sawtooth frame hooks
glue gun
paper print outs
measuring tape
organizationboard1
First, paint your plywood. Remember to paint the edges too.
organizationboard2
I used a paint color sample of Martha Stewart Sultana.
organizationboard3
Optional- Put your chevron print vinyl on the board.
organizationboard4
Cut off the edges of the vinyl.
organizationboard5
Lay your picture frames our on the board to determine where you will put them.
organizationboard6
Print out the menu, to do list, calendar, grocery lists, and cleaning list. The cleaning list can be found on Brown Paper Packages here. The rest, I made, and you can take for yourself!
UPDATE- I made my own chore list that you can find HERE!
Calendar- Print 8×10 on colored paper
Calendar copy
Grocery lists- Print several 8×10 copies and cut apart.
groceries copy
Menu- Print 5×7 copy.
menu copy
To Do- Print 5×7 copy.
to do copy
Take the glass out of your frames. Put hot glue around the inside edges of the frame and replace glass, gluing the glass to the frame.
organizationboard7
Put printed papers in their frames and clips.
organizationboard8
Paint your paper mache box. I painted mine a very light blue.
organizationboard9
Measure where you want your picture hangers to be on the back of the board and nail them in place.
organizationboard10
Get your Command Strips and distribute them to each of your frames and clips.
organizationboard11
Put the Command Strips on the backs of the frames and place them where you want them on your board.
organizationboard12
Hang up your board, and fill it in with all of your lists!
Command Center
I am basically obsessed with this. Not only is it a fun piece of art in my home, but it is totally functional!
Organization Center
THIS TUTORIAL IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY! DO NOT SELL ANY OF THIS OR PRETEND YOU MADE ANY OF IT. IF YOU WANT TO USE A PHOTO OR FEATURE THIS, PLEASE ONLY TAKE ONE PHOTO AND LINK IT BACK TO THIS POST WITH PROPER CREDIT GIVEN.

Because you loved this organization post so much, I just know you will love these other cleaning and organization posts I have done too! Click on the photo to take you to each of the posts…

Comments

1. Love this a million times!!!!!!!!!! Totally will be making one for my home!

2. I LOVE your organization board! I need to make one!! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now at Jillify It! I hope to see you there!!

Be sure to enter to win a Hobby Lobby gift card while you’re there! I’m a new follower!

Jill

3. This really is a genius idea. All my lists are scattered throughout my kitchen and purse. I need them all in one place like this! Genius.

4. I LOVE all this organization! The chevron is perfect and hello, why I have never thought of having a clip for receipts. So smart!! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

5. Your board idea could not be more perfect! Thank you for sharing.

6. I’m drooling. My kitchen needs this! :-) New follower from the linky party at Jillify It.

7. I love this! I am sooo making one – I love your tutorial! Thank you!

8. LOVE THIS! I sooo need this in my kitchen! Thanks for the tutorial

9. Anonymous says:

Did you hang up your paper mache box with command strips as well? Do they really hold things up that well? :) I love this idea, I seriously need to try it. Thanks for the tutorial.
    -Marie

10. I am SO making a cleaning checklist just like that! Brilliant! I started a family organization board months ago and it has been sitting unfinished because I am stuck. Well this just helped me with part of it that I’m stuck on! Thank you!

11. It looks fabulous! What a great idea! I need this so bad:) Thanks for the tutorial! I am a new follower!!

Karen@Pocket Full of Pink

12. Kenz,

I love this! Such a good idea. I also have a little gift for you and Harper so I will have to get that to you some time. Hope all is well!

Emily

13. Anonymous says:

Absolutely amazing!!!

14. I love this ideas. I will be making one soon. Can you post your cleaning list? I would love to have ideas of what you do daily and weekly. I am a newly work at home mom and have time to have daily cleaning lists so I need as many ideas of what to do as possible. Thanks for sharing

15. Jenny Martin says:

love this!! would it be ok if i pin this on pinterest?? thanks!:)

16. I’m working on my own, it’s still unfinished but I really like how yours is setup. Thanks so much for sharing your printables! I found you through the linky party at I hear nap time :)

17. This comment has been removed by the author.

18. LOVE it! And I really appreciate the printables. I will be working on this during the summer, but making some changes to include homeschooling needs. Thank you SO much for sharing this!

19. SUPER cute!!! I need this in my little kitchen nook to get organized!

20. This is sooo cute! Anything to help us get more organized is great. I am going to do something like this over my desk! Thanks and have a great day!

21. Heidi of Operation Organization says:

Great job! How fantastic to have all this info in ONE place! :)

~H

22. Miranda L says:

Love the idea!! I have a very small kitchen and with just a little modification it’ll be perfect! Just a very small side note, the board you used is actually called chip board which is far more affordable than plywood. I promise, not a criticism but wanted to mention it for those that might get confused when at the hardware store :) :) Thanks soo much!!!

23. Linnaea's Mom says:

Saw this on Pinterest and I just have to make my own! Thanks so much for sharing!!

24. PrincessDucky says:

I love this!!!! Just wondering the best way to attache the list frames to the board for easy access when they need to be swapped out.

25. popnsparkle says:

Just found your blog from pinterest, FANTASTIC! Love this idea and am inspired to make one of my own, good bye cluttered kitchen counter!

26. Anonymous says:

OMG I LOVE THIS! I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE OF A COUPLE OF THINGS FIRST! DID YOU USE THE GLASS IN THE FRAMES AS A DRY ERASE TYPE OF THING?

27. Anonymous says:

I love this but no way can I make it. I am a cook and a nerd not a crafty bone in my body.. Do you sell them I would buy one in pink and brown flowers or polka dots. Really debisearle@comcast.net

28. Anonymous says:

I think this is super cool! I’m thinking about covering mine in fabric instead of paint, we’ll see how it works. I won’t be able to use command strips, but picture hanging hardware should still work fine. How did you attach your box?

29. Kara @ Simplistically Sassy says:

I just found this and I’m IN LOVE with it! I am having the same problem, and am going to see if I could make this work! I also LOVE your chore list! Lol. :)Thanks for such a great idea.

30. I’m in the middle of making this…can not wait until its finished!!

31. great job! I would have never thought to use the frames that way, but looks like it turned out just perfect.

32. INSPIRED! I tried my own and gave you props! Check it out on Pinterest.

Thanks!
    Laura

33. Anonymous says:

Too cute-making this THIS weekend (very excited!)

34. Anonymous says:

tweaked this and made my own today—awesome idea, thank you!!! I was wondering though, how did you attach the big metal clips??

35. This is brilliant!

36. I LOVED this idea! I’m now following your blog:) I also nominated you for an award. Go to my blog to check out the details.

Rachel (absolutelylovingmylife.blogspot.com)

37. After I found this on Pinterest I had to come and check this board out. I loved the look of it, and I can’t wait to make it my own! Thanks for posting this!

38. This was fantastic!!! I actually did this this weekend. My only issue was nailing in the nails to the plywood. I painted mine to suit my own color scheme, but gave you credit! Thanks for the fabulous idea!!!!!!!!!

39. This is fabulous. I would love for you to link this post to my party Simply Sensational Tuesday. :) http://www.organizinghomelife.com/archives/2943

40. You did a wonderful job! :-) This looks fantastic! :-)

41. Love love LOVE THIS ! I found your blog through Cheri’s “I am momma hear me roar” and can I say YIPPEE !
    Great post and awesome blog – I’m a new follower !

Totally making one of these !

talesofadomesticmama.blogspot.com

42. Do you have an example of your daily, weekly, monthly cleaning list? That would be great to have too!

43. This is exactly what I need for my kitchen! What a great project!

44. This is brilliant!!! TFS!!!

45. Taylor says:

I am in love with this idea! I’m going off to college in the fall and am going to make one for my best friend! :) Can you use fabric instead of paint?

46. First of all, this is BRILLIANT. Secondly, if I wanted to make my own “grocery” “to do” “menu” lists in order to change the font and color, but like the chevron, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!

47. Anonymous says:

What is the text font you used for the days of the week, menu, groceries, etc

Thanks!

48. What a great board! I’m going to pin this in my “Pins To DO” section and try to work on it this weekend with a pin-board I haven’t been using for years. I would love to get a closer look at your Daily, Weekly & Monthly lists… to get me started :)

49. It’s a fantastic idea!!!! Thanks!!!!

50. Thanks!!! :)

51. Thank you sooo much for this! I love it, and I’m sure my husband will, too. :)

52. Oh I’m so happy I found you again! See I saw you featured on http://www.iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com and really liked this command center. However I printed the “cleaning list” from http://www.brownpaper–packages.com that same day. I couldn’t find or remember where I’d seen this idea at and have been freaking out for 2 or more days looking for it. I even remembered there was a lady who posted on here her own sports theme but still no luck–until today! I really <3 this idea and can’t wait to make one of my own. Definitely will be back! Thanks!

53. Anonymous says:

I found this on pinterest a few days ago, and I love, love, love this idea! I am in the process of creating my own! I can’t wait to finish! Thanks for the inspiration and tutorial! :)

54. How did you attach the clips?
    What did you use for the Polk dot backing behind the cleaning lists?
    Thanks!

55. Dawn Starlight says:

I absolutely love this idea. I will be making this as soon as I can!!!

56. Anonymous says:

My husband had a stroke and I was looking for something to reorganize him…This is it! I will start today! Thank you for sharing.

57. Denise Stackhouse says:

I am definitely making this soon! I think it will make great Christmas gifts too! Hope my family and friends like them as much as I do! Was there a box on there for mail? I didn’t notice. If so, what did you use? Will also be adding cup hooks at the bottom of mine for keys and misc! Can’t wait to get started! Really like the fabric cover idea also! Or some cute contact paper!

58. Anonymous says:

I love this!! Thank you so much for sharing this! Especially all the printables and easy to follow how-to! You rock!

59. Heather Curry says:

Does this vinyl come in different patterns I noticed your blog ab the dresser as well. I am wanting to do both of your ideas for our new home but would like to use the different patterns for my backgrounds!! Thanks for such an amazing idea!
    How can I follow your blog? I found you thru pinterest somehow.

60. candy lee says:

Am making this,, but thinking of framing it….any thoughts?

61. Anonymous says:

how do you print your items. i clicked on them but it did not work. any help would be great.

62. So making this today with the hubby! Awesome project!

63. Making this today with the hubby! Awesome project!!

64. Anonymous says:

Love it! Would you please post a printables link to your cleaning lists? Thank you!

65. I LOVE this idea!

66. I absolutely love this idea!

67. This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing and posting all of the pictures to show the steps.
    ✰ Stacy

Simpson Superstars

68. Anna Lavigne says:

Hi everyone! I’m goin to be a freshman in college and I fell in love with this idea. I altered it a little bit, the two 5×7’s say “To-Do” “To-Buy” and the 8×10 “To Study!” and then a cork board & a whiteboard calendar. Just a thought for non-mommies! Thank you so much for the idea! I’m in love!

69. Anonymous says:

I was wondering what font you used to create your templates? I wanted to make my own cleaning schedule and would like it to match the rest of the printouts! :)

70. I love your blog. I am a blogger too. Would you like to exchange features on each other’s blogs? I’d love to be able to work with you. You have such amazing and creative ideas.

71. Anonymous says:

would this work on cork board rather than wood? I’m thinking of using this for my dorm and I think it would be awesome to double as a cork board and it might be lighter to hang with command hooks because of the dorm walls. Has anyone tried cork board instead or wood?

72. I just found your page on Pinterest. This project is amazing! I printed your chevron papers off to make this today. Love it!

73. Anonymous says:

I have bought most of the supplies, but I have no idea where to purchase the plywood. Where can I find plywood like that???

• Anonymous says:

you can buy the plywood at like Lowe’s or Home Depot. It’s a 2×4 precut piece of plywood and just tell them the dimensions and have them cut it to size!

74. I just made this yesterday!! Super easy, super functional and the total cost for mine was $13.00!!!!

75. Love this…I have been looking for a while to get something like this but nothing ever seems just right. Of course you can make one yourself. Great idea!

76. Anonymous says:

I love this idea! I went to the dollar store today and bought the frames. The only thing I changed was the 5 X 7 frames. It is school time, so the dollar store had 5 X7 cool white boards in frames! I just stenciled on the artwork and wrote the information using a permanent marker. I will see how it holds up. Thanks for the great idea!!!

• Anonymous says:

A little change of plans. I have a really tight budget, so getting the paint and plywood was not fitting in right now. Instead, I put magnets on everything (Since I already had them in my craft supplies) and used a crystal light container to hold the white board markers. Then I placed everything on the side of our fridge :) Thanks again for the great idea!!!

-Suzie

77. Anonymous says:

Made one today!!! Love it!!!!!!

78. Anonymous says:

I made this this past weekend. I decided to tape off my chevron stripes to save money and it was really easy. I am guilty of loving paper calendars (I need to highlight days for test/work/projects/etc) so I am using that rather than the framed glass. And I used a metal cup holder from the dollar store as a pen holder. The clips are a life saver. I’m tracking my spending much better already and I am excited to see the progress I make with my spending. Thanks for this!

79. This is genius! I wish I had a spare wall big enough for this!

80. I’ve been looking for something like this for my kids! It’s organized and simple. I made mine today and have to say It looks fantastic! Thank you!

81. Made it! Love it!

82. Sorry if I missed this in other comments, but you write and erase directly on the glass?

83. Fantastically Brilliant!!!!

84. Fantastically Brilliant!!!

85. Anonymous says:

what font did you use for everything?

86. snowmanluv says:

Double checking….what was the paper mache for? I am taking down a old house frame and making this today. It will neaten up my desk.

87. Carly LaGory says:

You’re project inspired me! I reference your article in my post about future plans to remodel our family message center. :) thank you for sharing this.

88. Anonymous says:

I right clicked to save the calendar, menu, and to do lists but when I went to open them they said invalid image. can you email them to me? nangel1023@yahoo.com

89. Woooow this is amazing ,i will make one very soon.
    TFS

90. Where did you get your metal clips? I can’t find any anywhere :(

91. Where did you get your metal clips? I can’t find any anywhere :(

92. melanie b says:

can you PLEASE PLEASE tell me what font you used for the calendar, groceries, etc. ? i love it and would like to use it for other documents! thanks!

93. Love this idea and shared a link to your post on my business Facebook Fan Page and within my Organize DIY Online Community (for my site http://www.Organize DIY.com). Great Post!

94. Carolyn says:

I love this ! It is perfect for a busy home but I have a granddaughter that is leaving for college in a few weeks and I am going to tweek a few lists and fix one for her collage dorm room. Thanks for the ideas and love love your blogs

95. Stephanie says:

Pretty sure this person stole your stuff …same printable sheets as you

96. Stephanie says:

For some reason the prints set to print at 8×10 are not printing that way for me. Help?

97. Hi! I was wanting to purchase the chevron stripes from your etsy store but they aren’t available? Do you have any that are available or something similar? Thanks!

• I actually closed my Etsy shop because I just couldn’t keep up with all of the orders that I was receiving. I know that a lot of shops carry chevron vinyl though. Sorry about that!

98. Where can i get the paper mache cup from?

99. I love this idea and tutorial! Thanks so much for this! I was searching for a way to get organized, and this seems perfect and so creative!
    Greetings from Greece and thanks again!
    P.S. I couldn’t use the Pinterest Buttons for some reason, to save the tutorial. I eventually found a way by uploading the site to Pinterest, but maybe you want to look into it?

100. Whitney says:

How did you get the paper mache to stay on the board and where did you get it from? Also where did the vinyl come from?

• All of that info is in the post. The paper mache is held on by a Command Strip. The vinyl can either be cut with a vinyl cutter or purchased by the link that is provided above.

Trackbacks

1. Happy LATE Easter? | SARAHenity says:

[...] Organization Board Tutorial [...]

2. [...] #2 (on the Organization Board post)- Did you hang up your paper mache box with command strips as well? Do they really hold things [...]

3. [...] Šī ir viena no lietām, ko pati esmu uztaisījusi un kas man palīdz organizēt savu dzīvi, mājas tīrīšanu, darāmos darbus un citas lietas. [...]

4. […] mes yeux ce que je dois faire, je n’y arrive pas. Alors quand j’ai vu l’idée de Girllovesglam, j’ai su que c’était fait pour moi […]

5. […] year ago or so, I found this tutorial from A Girl Loves Glam for an organization board.  I found a corkboard at the thrift store for […]

6. […] ruimte in het hoofd voor andere dingen. Daarom dat wij helemaal verliefd werden op het idee van girlsloveglam om een organisatie bord te maken, aka ‘The […]