We are on day 16 of Whole30 and I must say, Whole30 has been a much more positive experience this time around than it was for me last year! There are a lot of reasons for this, but one of them is that I am much more comfortable with Whole30 compliant foods and feel comfortable enough to even adapt other recipes or create recipes of my own! This Whole30 Breakfast Sausage Skillet Hash might be my favorite creation to date. It is delicious! For those of you who aren’t following Whole30 standards, it is still really good!
This dish is incredibly filling and really is a great way to start your morning. For me, the sausage in this meal was a really nice break from the other Whole30 breakfasts that we typically have. This gave a little more normalcy to my new diet. The flavors all blend together so nicely and create a perfect breakfast combination!
- 1 lb ground sausage (Be sure to read your labels to find Whole30 compliant)
- 2 cups baby kale
- 2½ cups cubed sweet potato (I use frozen sweet potatoes that are already cubed found at Walmart)
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- -Cook ground sausage in a frying pan and drain the fat and set aside.
- -Add sweet potatoes, minced garlic, and onions to the frying pan and cook until tender.
- -While sweet potatoes are cooking, scramble eggs and cook in a separate pan.
- -Add spinach, cooked eggs, and sausage to the sweet potato skillet and cook until all is heated through and mixed together.
- -Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and very healthy breakfast as much as I do!